Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Shifter Cables - Teleflex discontinued?

Post Thanks / Like

Shifter Cables - Teleflex discontinued?

Hi all,

There have been suggestions of using Teleflex Xtreme Control cables (CCX43007) as a replacement for the factory cables when run straight back.
    However I am having troubles sourcing these cables. Whenever I place an order, the store cancels it and states the product is discontinued.
    Is there a replacement/supersession, or a cable that would work just as well? Somewhere that will ship these cables to Canada?
    Last edited by Neeraj Ahluwalia; 04-29-2024 at 01:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj Ahluwalia View Post
    Hi all,

There have been suggestions of using Teleflex Xtreme Control cables (CCX43007) as a replacement for the factory cables when run straight back.
    However I am having troubles sourcing these cables. Whenever I place an order, the store cancels it and states the product is discontinued.
    Is there a replacement/supersession, or a cable that would work just as well? Somewhere that will ship these cables to Canada?
    I can't help with the sourcing issue your having but I can confirm that the Teleflex Xtreme cables are excellent! Keep trying.
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R built with EZ36R H6 completed 2018
    818R rebuild with a JDM Honda K24A

3. Likes Neeraj Ahluwalia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj Ahluwalia View Post
    Hi all,

Teleflex was bought by Dometic a few years back. They still offer the cables though using pretty much the same model numbering system. You can try going to a marine store. That’s how I know about it

5. Thanks Neeraj Ahluwalia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 96” cable from the VCP K Tuned kit I am not using.

image_167869441.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought cables from Custom Control Cables in Houma, LA and am happy with them.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are from Midwest Control Products...

9. Thanks Neeraj Ahluwalia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by driveslikejehu View Post
    Mine are from Midwest Control Products...
    Same. Work well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all for the help. It seems that Teleflex was indeed bought by Dometic, however they no longer offer the 4300 series (1/4"-28 fittings).
    Scouring the marine forums I have seen a lot of suggestions for both UFlex Mach Zero and CableCraft Blue Max cables (and some others). However these are all only available in #10-32.
    Would it be a bad idea to downsize to #10 fittings? It seems they have a push load capacity of around 80lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Midwest Control has 1/4-28... in many lengths and the right end configuration

13. Likes Neeraj Ahluwalia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How flexible are they? They do seem to ship to Canada. Want to try to minimize slop
    Last edited by Neeraj Ahluwalia; 05-09-2024 at 04:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A 1/4" push/pull cable will be fairly substantial, somewhat flexible yes but you want to route it with as few and gentle bends as possible. The reason the FF5 stock setup is sloppy is that they have you running the cables forward with about 270 degrees of total bend by the time it gets to the transmission. My setup with an MR2 shifter and the cables running aft has only about 15 or 20 degrees of bend total and is very smooth and positive.

As far as any particular brand of cable goes, what you are looking for is something with a low friction liner - teflon or something like it. It won't require lube and will last a long long time.

Ed