Well, here's another bodywork thread... Now that 7074 is running, I'm switching over to bodywork for a while. I'm going to do some of the FFR-specific type bodywork myself over the next couple of months and then turn it over to a friend's shop to take it the rest of the way and for paint. This ought to be interesting, because I've never done bodywork before. But, like many parts of this project, I've read about it here and on the other forums, as well as armed myself with a few books on working with composites. I also have a friend who owns a bodyshop to turn to when I really screw it up, but I'm hoping to learn a bunch, share some of that, and have the warm glow of knowing I did as much myself as I could during this build.

Color is going to be '66 Mustang Ivy Green with no stripes (see John O's 427 streetcar and his 289 conversion for an example). I'm planning a few body mods, too, such as:

hidden body mounts
Mk4 trunk lid
rolled edges for cockpit and wheel lips
rectangular tail lamps with recontoured mounting pads
glass-in 4-6" of leading edge of hood scoop opening
add a lip to the area between rad and oil cooler openings
rivet-on scoop reshaped length-wise to follow contour of hood
better definition of crease along radius of front flares at top of fenders (similar to Mk4)
"bungee grommets" below trunk opening (used to hold a bungee that was wrapped around the trunk handle for racing back-in-the-day)
Breeze hinges (trunk and hood)
mechanical prop rods for trunk and hood
aluminum spats

Today, I started with knocking down the seams. Here are the after pictures, no close-up detail yet because this was just the first pass to clean things up.

Here are the rear photos, with the Mk4 trunk lid in place:

And a couple of close-ups of the Mk4 trunk lid for those of you wondering how one of these fits on a Mk3. I'd say it's just about perfect.

John O's car - my goal, but with a "gentleman's S/C" look rather than streetcar.