I highly recommend you only buy from yards that you personally can inspect or know someone who will for you. I also recommend that you personally pick up your car. I have had had 2 different cars that the forklift driver broke the oil pan and a good friend of mine had one that fell off of the Forklift (we got to eat the extra cost NOT CoPart). If the damage is sever you MAY be able to get your money back. Once the car leaves the yard, its yours even if you had a CoPart transport company deliver it.

Pre-bidding is a waste of time and only brings the cost needlessly up.

There are many brokers you can find through CoPart. I am also a broker if you need one. Most brokers charge about the same... $150-200 membership fee, $200 buyer fee, Refundable $400 deposit to open an account. Remember these are ON TOP of the CoPart fees. If you win an auction (known as a "lot"), most brokers will require a cash or wire transfer of the full amount with in 24 hours. They will then take their fees out and forward the rest to CoPart. You then have 5 business days to pick up or have it picked up before daily storage fees start. Typically if you go through a broker, it will take several hours AFTER they receive payment before they will forward the rest of the payment to CoPart. So no, don't go to the yard the same day you won a lot to pick it up. If you have a commercial account with CoPart then this does not apply.

I have bought 10 vehicles through CoPart. Only lost my *** on one... Lets just say thats a $4000.00 mistake I wont make again!

J