Quote Originally Posted by carlewms View Post
I have been some research ...

1. Sunbelt will rent me a 7 cfm compressor for $120 per week or a 14 cfm for $160 per week;
2. I also have an old single turbine unit which I can try as well. I have used it on water based latex before without any issues;
3. As I have prepared the body ... I have found some more pinholes to fix before I start with the Slick Sand;
4. I still need to get the Apollo system on order. Which cup gun did you get with the system?

Thanks for the detailed responses. If you end up testin the Slick Sand with the turbine system I would love to see the results.

Thanks,

Carl
No problem Carl,

Again, no expert but I bet either rental unit would work just fine. I think mine is 7 cfm at 40 psi. Since the larger is only $40 more, I would spring for the bigger one. With a $30 dollar primer gun from Summit, you could spray slick sand for less than $200. Summit ships fast so you could get going quickly if you wanted.

I got the gravity feed 1000ml cup. In retrospective, that is probably too big. I didn't use it anyway. I solely used the 3M PPS cup and liners.

If I get a chance I will try to spray some slick sand with my turbine. I don't have any panels to spray so my test will have to be on some poster board. Also, the largest needle/nozzle I have is the 2.0 mm. That is on the lower side of the recommended range but it is worth a shot.

Keep us posted on your progress.