Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Carl's Mk 4 Roadster Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finishing Up ISIS MEGA Fuse Block installation Preps, Etc.

Overnight, I continued the painting cycle on the support plate now shifting to semi gloss black to topcoat the POR-15. The high humidity is impacting the drying time.

Here are the physical characteristics of the Optima 51R battery:

Length: 9.31 in
    Width: 5.06 in
    Height: 8.94 in

The height is important to the installation of the MEGA Fuse Box which I plan to install above the battery on the crossmember.

I started the fuel tank installation preparations. I unpacked and cleaned off the galvanized tank with acetone and followed that by general purpose cleaner to get the "waxy" protective coating off the exterior of the tank. I was planning to paint with POR but instead decided to treat the tank with SharkHide instead.

image.jpg

In the next step, the straps were cleaned up, rough sanded and painted with POR-15 then topped with semi gloss black. while waiting I assembled the parts for the installation.

image.jpg

The bolts, nuts, and washers are supplied with the basic kit from FFR. The Breeze EZ Fuel Kit has everything else.

image.jpg

The Breeze kit is perfect for those looking for the entire package from one source Breeze eliminates the hassles of sourcing parts individually customizing their kits to meet your needs. I did not need the in tank pump so they deducted it from the package.

The fuel level sender package goes in the large hole in the lower section of the tank. Install the "square" gasket in the groove on the tank and then insert the sender noting the position of the two tabs which dictate the only way the sender can be installed.

image.jpg

I used a large flathead screwdriver to drive the retaining ring to its final position over the fuel level sender.

image.jpg

The tank vent was also installed. Breeze provides a larger vent which allows more air to vent from the tank preventing overflowing during refueling. Care must be taken to ensure that the rubber grommet does not go through into the tank during installation. Definitely use a rubber lubricant like Armorall to make this job easier.

image.jpg

The next connection is the fuel filler on the side of the tank. The seal was a little difficult to install but finally went in with a little massaging.

image.jpg

Carl
    Last edited by carlewms; 07-15-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart