Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Summer fun

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Summer fun

Completed a few trips and spent last Saturday on the track and skid pad at Shannonville. Drove 3 hours to the track and car performed great with no mechanical issues and no dents. My car is full manual (steering, brakes, carb) so lacked the advantages of some of the other participants. Shannonville is 2.5 miles long with 14 turns and I had top speed of about 95mph on the back straight, and average speed of 60mph, limited by the driver, not the car. Drove 90 miles on the track so about 35 laps over the course of the day.

track video -
    https://vimeo.com/74178794

Also went to Mid-Ohio for the NASA races Aug 23 weekend with my son. It was a 7 hour drive to get there. Track facilities are pretty impressive and were few spectators so you pretty much have your run of the place. Even got some pics through the trackside viewing locations inside the fence. It seemed like some of the other cars spent more time fixing things in the pits whereas the spec racers just run and relax.

midohio 132.JPG

midohio 081.JPG

The season is not quite done and thinking about some upgrades (bigger exhaust, tuning and more weatherproofing) so may not get too many more miles before the snow comes.

Regards, Mike
    Last edited by MikeJones; 09-10-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Coupe 258, picked up Mar 11-06, The Jones build site