Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: RYANMAC's Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

RYANMAC's Build Thread

Long time admirers of the FF Roadster, my father and I will be building a MK4 Roadster over the next year. My dad is recently retired and I am an engineer for a steel mill in Ohio.

We have a pickup date of December 12, 2015 for our Complete Kit. And, we'll be pulling the drivetrain, ecu, and electrical harness out of a 2003 Mustang GT with 84k miles. We thought about the donor kit for awhile, but ultimate decided on a complete kit with the usual upgrades (chrome rollbar, polished side pipes, vintage gauges, etc).

Here are some pictures of the donor; they should appear in a new window / tab in your browser.

Donor - Right Rear Qtr
    Donor - Right Side
    Donor - Front Qtr
    Donor - O/R X-pipe
    Donor - Rearend

The donor car already has an offroad x-pipe, CAI, and tune to eliminate the cats and rear O2 sensors. We did opt for the upgraded 4.6 headers in our kit, so we'll have to weld in bungs for the 'pre-cat' O2 sensors. I know a lot of car guys would be upset at cutting up a 2003 GT in that condition, but it is a northeast car (Ohio) and does have rust on the rear quarters that are beginning to blister through the paint. We figure we'll have a solid roadster in the end this way, without the expense of a new crate motor, trans, ecu, rearend.

More to come...

Thanks,
    Ryan & Mac

The first rule of FFR, do not call it a C****.
    The second rule of FFR, do not call it a C****.
    Last edited by ryanmac; 09-21-2015 at 05:40 PM.