I installed my pedal box yesterday. I cant seem to get the brake pedal adjusted to stop hitting the frame rail.

And I cant tell how much the frame is restricting the movement. I am not sure if I just don't know how to adjust it or if my heat shield is causing the problem. I put the heat shield on the back of the piece the pedal box attaches to and it is in between the pedal box and the frame. It is bolted down and very thin. I cant tell if just the minimal added thickness is causing the issue.

Now in this picture you are seeing the heat shield on the back of the Fpanel. That is cut around the other area and not the issue. What I am trying to show in this picture is how tight the black pedal box piece is sandwiched up to the other black frame piece it mounts to. Hard to tell from the picture but the thickness of the heat shield causing the pedal box to sit possibly further aft than if it where not there cant be more than 1-2mm.

I have messed with the threaded rods from the master cylinders quite a bit. If I want the pedal to move away from the frame do I need to screw them into the receiving piece more or back them out?
I feel like I am totally missing something here in the adjustability. Any suggestions are appreciated.