I want to create a spreadsheet and share it with the community. I cannot find that anyone has done this in a comprehensive manner so far. Does anyone have a list of electrical items, wire sizes, dimensions or lengths required, etc.? Do you have an Excel spreadsheet you've worked from if you've wired any of the car from scratch?
I am building an R so there's a fair amount I don't need to include, for my build. I know I could use iWire, but I want to use Spec 55 and 44 wire, have it be very minimal and light and do it my way.
I just want that satisfaction of doing it myself, picking my own components, plus
I want a really minimal, light system. Initially, I will not have headlights; I'll have a LED bar for brake lights, battery towards the rear and ECU placed like Bob in Cincy's. Lots of datalogging capability on small-sized shielded wire (where needed).
Many here have contributed substantially towards my objective. iWire has given me lots of ideas on design. I don't intend to limit the information to my R project. I do want to have a document of wire requirements that avoids using (or replaces) any stock WRX wiring. I see it expanding to include water/alcohol injection, supplemental fan and pump wiring, dry sump heating and more.
Let's talk amongst ourselves, share information and let's see if we can get this done. I know some who have bought big rolls of wire, only to use 1/4 of it. I have a long list of places to buy good wire by the foot, 25 foot or by 100 foot increments. Surely we can figure out how to make this more economical and increase the quality of our project!