Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Doug View Post
I put this Thread out here as my wife wants to drive it. Her DD is a Honda CRV and Honda Accords before it. I am getting ours inspected Friday and should be able to tag it the same day. My concern is that I don't think she respects the ability of the car. I had her read the Thread entries for new owners and those thinking of becoming an owner of one. I did not get a warm fuzzy when I asked her what she thought, not one word about this Car can and will kill you if you don't respect it. With power steering the car is very responsive to just the smallest input on the steering wheel. I am going to delay her long enough till I feel competent regarding the capabilities of the car, then I am going to give her a small sample of what the car is capable of doing in straight line acceleration. Feel free to offer any suggestions.
Thanks

Doug
Are you concerned that you wife will get in the FFR and do a full throttle burnout from the garage? From what I've seen over the years most female drivers are a lot more cautious when getting into a new vehicle and not as likely to press for the upper end of the performance envelope even after several occasions of driving it. Taking her out to show her the scary aspects of the car before she has a chance to try it out on her own will likely lead to strong criticism or your intentions.

JMHO but I'd give her the basics of how to operate the car (where the starter button is locate) and let her have at it. Ride along if she wants that, but keep your running commentary of her performance to a minimum.

Regards, Rick.