Folks,

Hello and first post to the forum (please be gentle) and reading as much as I can from the previous posts and I am in information overload and a constant state of confusion . I am trying to visualize and understand the mating of JDM and USDM engines with transmission and harnesses. The more I read, I think I have a lock and then I read another post and I become confused again.

Let's start what I am trying to do and maybe you can give me some gentle pushes in the right direction. I am looking to build an 818C for street use only! I want to have the challenge of building a car (at a resealable price) that is fun. I am an engineer by trade but not an auto-mechanic, but my step son is very comfortable with modifying and racing cars. I understand the donor program and the need for parts, but do not necessarily want all of that teardown and build in the same place. I would like to do this car in stages as the manual has laid it out and get the suspension and engine/transmission completed upfront.

I am trying to see if JDM engines need JDM trans or we can use a USDM trans. That is my first big question. Is there an upside or downside to this approach?

Thanks
Bill