Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Gbranham's MkIV Build Thread...427 BOSS Piston to Valve Clearance Check

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gbranham's MkIV Build Thread...427 BOSS Piston to Valve Clearance Check

Okay...first post on my new build! I took delivery last Tuesday, July 11th, 2023. I'll keep my build progress updated here. Looking forward to the journey and help from the wise folks on this forum.

Details:
    MkIV Complete Kit
    Coyote Crate Engine from Factory Five
    Wilwood Brakes
    Front and Rear Sway Bars
    IRS
    Lots of other enhancements along the way to be determined (think lots of Breeze and Forte's parts, among others)

In the past week, I've taken inventory, removed the body, and removed the aluminum panels. First step is to drill all the aluminum that will be exposed, so I can send it off to powdercoat. Only a short POL list, and bits are already trickling in. The first POL to arrive was the sidepipes. I was disappointed to see they're not packaged very well (no padding), and the UPS driver sat the box down heavy on it's end and bent the outlet of one of the pipes. Easy enough to straighten, and they're uncoated, so no big deal. I'm likely going with the Gas'N pipes, anyway.

20230716_133300.jpg

I've ordered a new press to press in the rear hub wheel studs, and other various bits have been ordered to get started...drill bits, silicon, clecos, etc. Looking forward to next steps!

Greg
    Last edited by gbranham; Yesterday at 03:08 PM.
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker (in the process of building it now), EFI System - Edelbrok Pro Flow 4, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

2. Likes Windsor, CaptB, zarnold liked this post