Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Paying for a kit car

Post Thanks / Like

Paying for a kit car

Hi i have tried looking around to find out exactly how the paying works. Like i know you have to put down the down deposit, but after that are u able to make monthly payments or do you have to pay it all in full before you can receive the kit car......if anyone has any insight on how the whole process goes please fill me in... i am in the airforce and currently overseas but this is a goal i want to do with my dad when i go back home...thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mincey, first of all, thank you for your service!

Yes, a down payment is required (I put 1K down back in 2006) and the balance is due before taking possession of the kit.

The '33 Hotrod can be purchased in 2 stages, $9950 to get to go cart stage, $9950 for the body and interior components to finish it off.

HTH,

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the same question too. Can the roadster be done in two stages as well? I don't see anything on the website either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick response so i can make payments each month however much i want just have to pay off a stage and then get it delivered and same for stage 2.....Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mincey I assume when you say "Make payments" that would be into a savings account and when you get enough for the 1st stage you make the call? Don't forget, you have to add shipping costs, which effectively doubles if you order the kit in stages...

Basher, there isn't currently a stage program for anything but the hotrod.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    this stage thing only applies to the 33..............all the other kits you buy complete for the one price and pay for it when its ready in full. No FFR financing.
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by minceymeat View Post
    Thanks for the quick response so i can make payments each month however much i want just have to pay off a stage and then get it delivered and same for stage 2.....Thanks again
    Well yes and no. Once you order you kit with a deposit (whether it be a complete kit or a staged hot rod), you will be given a delivery date (usually less than a month if you are going to pick it up). So you need the balance to pay it off by the delivery date they give you. You can't give them a deposit and just keep sending them chunks of money for the next year or so - if that is what your asking. They can be flexiable on the delivery date to a point (your on vacation, in the service, etc.) but they are not the bank of FFR. If you get the hot rod in stage one and complete that transaction, you can get stage II anytime in the future I believe.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping and old thread... kinda the same question. Can I pay deposit (or half or more) for an 818, then pay the remaining balance on pick up, in folding greenback?

Post Thanks / Like
    Funds need to be cleared week prior I believe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bil1024 View Post
    Funds need to be cleared week prior I believe
    folding greenbacks clear immediately!
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    straight from the Terms and Conditions on Factory Five's order page. Not sure why you'd want to pay them earlier, but I suppose they wouldn't argue. You'd be better off opening a savings account dedicated to this project only and earning at least a tiny amount of interest on the money. Anyway, here it is:

Payment
    Orders are scheduled for production with a $1,000.00 deposit. Balance is due 10 days prior to the given production completion date, via wire transfer or check. Credit card payments beyond the $1,000.00 deposit subject to 1% service charge.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Minceymeat,

Just a suggestion: if you are involving your dad, let him handle the logistics of this while you are deployed. It would probably make him feel more involved from the get go. If you are saving month to month he could be the banker too. When your finances get to the point you can pull the trigger, he should be well versed in the process. I found that communicating with FFR near the delivery date will help nudge the process forward with the shipping, back orders, etc....... He could be your "point guy".

I did the basic roadster kit and took advantage of some specials for cool components. That is a very good way to save some money and get started. You could have the rolling chassis with wiring, brakes, aluminum done and be ready for your own DIY stage II. You will be surprised how many times you change your mind about some aspects of the build so it will give you a lot more latitude for making those decision if you go with the basic kit. Are you going to be back home before the actual order and delivery of the project?

Good luck,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent a check for the 818 kit balance and had nice fresh 100's for the CF pieces when I arrived for pickup...
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14