Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Titled & Registered in Texas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Titled & Registered in Texas

Today I took all my stack of paper work to the nearest Texas Department of Motor Vehicles to apply for a Title and Registration for my MK4. After about 1 1/2 hours, I had my temporary paper plate and my car registered. I had to basically talk the agent through the whole process of forms for a Custom Vehicle. He had to go to his supervisor several times to get clarification on each required form. I should get my plates and title in 2 to 3 weeks. For now, it's legal to drive on the street. All I can say is just follow the Assembled and Rebuilt Vehicle Manual exactly and you can't go wrong. I first picked up insurance from Midwest. Then I hired a flatbed truck to take my MK4 to the nearest weigh scale. It weighed 2240 lbs. The hardest thing was getting the ASE Safety Inspection by a Certified Master ASE Technician. It took me a while to find one that was close to my house. Before I really start driving it on the road, I need an alignment, brake pads seated, speedometer calibrated and rear axle brace welded. Then I can have some fun before I take it to the body shop for a beautiful paint job. I'm a happy camper!
    Attached Images Attached Images