Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
1. Right now I use floor jacks, blocks, jack stands and my purpose built Factory Five Super Saw Horses (See My Gallery) so you get the picture.
2 If the Max Jax system would be installed permanently, basically hard lining the hoses at equal length, do you think they would stay in sync since it uses a positive displacement style pump?
3. Also, I too have a low ceiling (8'6") so the lower lift height (42") is actually perfect for my needs.
4. What-Cha-Think about hard lining and permanently mounting the system if you don't need to move it around?
Yea, I know about all that. Did two builds that way and promised myself I wasn't going to do it again. My tired body just couldn't take it any more. The MaxJax flexible hoses are already the same length, and I don't think hard lines or a permanent installation would change how it operates. For me it's important to keep it portable. When I don't have a project on the lift, I unbolt the post in the center of the garage and roll it over to the other wall. It just takes a few minutes and for me is a major advantage of this particular setup. I don't consider the sync thing to be a major issue. It's just a function of the very simple design. But I wanted to point it out in my comments for full disclosure. If you look at reviews for this lift on the Garage Journal Board, you'll see a number of comments about how it works and this aspect is discussed frequently.