Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from the Bay Area, CA!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from the Bay Area, CA!

Hi there! My name is Ian and I’m located in California ( San Francisco Bay Area). I’m a proud new owner of an MK4 roadster with a gen2 coyote/TKO600 5spd. I am looking forward to learning more about the car from all of you! Also, if anyone is familiar with this particular build, please send me a message as I am looking to find out it’s history (previous owner did not have history of the builder).

I was told that it was originally ordered/delivered to NY in 2012 as a base kit and eventually made its way to Florida where the previous owner acquired it from. Car was supposedly completed with its current setup in 2015.

Thanks
    Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I thought I saw that on Ebay. Congrats on your purchase.

This forum can help with pretty much any question you would have...

That is a GEN1 Coyote, no?
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and enjoy! Agree that's probably a Gen 1 Coyote. That's a Gen 1 cover and can't see any CMCV vacuum motors on the back of the engine. Those were added with the Gen 2. Plus the build timeframe suggests Gen 1.

A little bit different on how those shoulder straps are installed. Usually the clips are inside the trunk by the mounting tabs. That's how the build manual shows to install plus looks a little cleaner.
    Last edited by edwardb; 01-18-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info! Yes, you are both right about it being a Gen1 coyote. I’ll look into the shoulder straps - I wouldn’t mind a cleaner look!
    Last edited by Sydewaysix; 01-19-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and congratulations on your Roadster! You're going to have a blast and there's very little you can't learn about them in these forums. You're also among a great group of enthusiasts, owners and builders. If you haven't read it yet, this is one of the best things I've ever read about owning a Cobra. https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...r-soon-to-be-s

Again, Welcome!!!!
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RBachman View Post
    Welcome and congratulations on your Roadster! You're going to have a blast and there's very little you can't learn about them in these forums. You're also among a great group of enthusiasts, owners and builders. If you haven't read it yet, this is one of the best things I've ever read about owning a Cobra. https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...r-soon-to-be-s
    Again, Welcome!!!!
    Thanks for the link. Very entertaining and true!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    First thing ya gotta do is get it registered.
    Type this into google search:

thefactoryfiveforum.com: spcn sb100 out of state

There is a ton of info there so that get you going.

HTH, and Welcome to the Forum!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    First thing ya gotta do is get it registered.
    Type this into google search:

thefactoryfiveforum.com: spcn sb100 out of state

There is a ton of info there so that get you going.

HTH, and Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for that. This car was already titled from Florida as a 1965 FAC5 roadster (RD). I’m not 100% clear on what I need to do. I thought that since it was already titled I could just bringing the title and bill of sale to the local DMV and transfer the title/registration into my name. Do I need an SB-100 certificate?