Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  60

Thread: Restoration/upgrades of FFR3490, MK2 built in 2002.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrmotorsports55 View Post
    New video posted. Relocation of the battery to the trunk pretty much done and I found that the thermostat housing is still leaking. Next up will be pulling that back apart.
    You could use a coarser grade of sandpaper to help cut the aluminum faster. I use 320 on a flat wood sanding block. I wouldn't polish the surface either. There are two O-rings on those water necks, make sure you replace them both. The flange O-ring can get compressed and lose its seal. Replacing usually does the trick. You should not need to use any sealant with those necks, I've had very good luck with them installed dry.

You can also use a cooling system pressure tester to pressurize the system to 16lb. and see if it holds and/or spot any leaks.

Good Luck. Scott
    Last edited by johnnybgoode; 06-24-2022 at 09:23 AM.
    FFR #3870 MK II, Spectra Blue/Arctic White, 1974 414W, 10:1, Eagle 4340 crank and rods, KB Pistons, Ported Performer RPM 2.02 heads & intake, QFT SS-650, Comp XR282HR, Quality Roadsters pan, Crane ignition, TKO600, 3.55 gears, 3 link, SA QA1's, Breeze LCA's, Heim joints & VPM F/R bars, Power steering with Hiedts valve, Power brakes, Fortes bump steer kit, 5 bolt axels, SSBC rear brakes, Oil cooler, Pusher fans, Halibrand Cobra III's with Nitto NT555 G2 245/285/17