Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
You need to confirm your LED backup lights are rated for 12V input (likely). If so, no resistors required. You should also confirm the current draw. As per most LED's, likely very low so nothing really special required to wire. I have two Watsons Streetworks L96WCL white LED backup lights (Maxxima brand) on my Coupe and power them with the RF panel 10 amp radio circuit. They only draw a fraction of that. The switch on the TKX appears to be the same one as on my T56. Closed when the transmission is in reverse. Open the rest of the time. I extended the ignition switched and fused +12V radio circuit wire to one side of the switch. Extended the other side to the back where it's connected to the plus side of the two LED lights. The other sides grounded. Circuit is closed when in reverse which switches on the lights. Simple and has worked fine for the several years it's been on the road.

I didn't find then -- and can't find now -- any description of the current limits for the switch in the trans. You could put a relay in the circuit. The GM automatic transmission in my truck build very specifically said not to power the backup lights through the switch and that a relay was required. Which is what I did. But don't think that's necessary in this case with LED's. Some also switch the ground side. That's possible too. But suggest keeping it simple as I described. It works.
Thanks Paul!