Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Florida registration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys what in the world are you inspecting. There’s no inspections in Florida. It’s a simple VIN verification to make sure the number stamped on the car matches the MSO, that’s it. You can have anyone do this that’s an official, a cop, a notary etc. I just hate to see everyone doing stuff that’s way more complicated than it should be.

2. Thanks MB750 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbl7td View Post
    Guys what in the world are you inspecting. There’s no inspections in Florida. It’s a simple VIN verification to make sure the number stamped on the car matches the MSO, that’s it. You can have anyone do this that’s an official, a cop, a notary etc. I just hate to see everyone doing stuff that’s way more complicated than it should be.
    The "inspection" was nothing. He didn't even look at the serial number for me. Just looked at the car, had me email him 4 pictures, and watched as I placed a VIN sticker on the frame. YMMV but I called a couple local 3rd party title offices and they said they don't do assembled from parts or kit car titles. Also talked to Kyle who said he supervises title for the south half of the state and he told me for kit car title I have to go to the regional office. So I wasn't as lucky having someone else inspect it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure, but I think the key word to use when talking to these people is "replica". It has to do with the wording in their procedures.

5. Likes MB750 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by runamuk View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think the key word to use when talking to these people is "replica". It has to do with the wording in their procedures.
    I tried that first. Submitted "replica" application first at the local tax collector and that's when Factory Five not being registered as a manufacturer w/ the State became an issue for me. When the lady selected "replica" she said she had to pick a make from the registered manufacturers because the definition of replica is purchasing a complete operable car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbl7td View Post
    Is there some specific form you used when the Notary/LEO verified your VIN? I know some notaries, and can get that part done pretty easy.
    Matt
    My build thread here