I'm almost ready for that first Go-Kart ride but I need to install the seat and side pipes. The seat is a bit of a problem because I'm using the FF seat adjuster and there are no assembly instructions. The seat adjusters and hardware are shown here:
DSCF4709d.jpg

The seat pan on the MK4 is too far forward for attaching all four mounting studs and doesn't extend inboard far enough to allow the adjuster to be fitted to the inside rail on the seat frame. I taped off the mounting area of the pan below the aluminum floor and the location of the 2"X2" frame member toward the rear where the seat will sit. I added the tape strip that represented the maximum spread the adjusters could have so the studs on the rails could have wrench access from below. The inboard strip parallels the outboard edge of the 4" main frame tube while the outer strip is the outer seat frame tube.
DSCF4705d.jpg

I adjusted the seat rails to the max rearward indent and laid them on the tape map to find possible mounting hole locations. I also placed a piece of tape where the forward most mounting hole on the seat frame could be placed. What I found was there was no position that would allow the seat to be adjusted fully rearward without one of the mounting studs to be placed in the 2"X2" frame tube and the inboard seat rail would be almost centered under the seat. The oval marks show where the rear studs need to be for full rearward adjustment.
DSCF4711d.jpg DSCF4718d.jpg

I compromised and placed the rear studs just forward of the 2"X2" tube but I needed more structure to mount them to than the aluminum floor. I made these brackets to attach to the 2"X2" tube.
DSCF4713d.jpg and powder coated them black DSCF4714d.jpg

Because the rear studs had to be just outside the 2"X2" tube and the rails parallel, that forced the rails to be parallel to the main frame tubes. The seat needs to be angled to place my body in front of the pedals so it will need to mount to the seat frame crooked. Having one of the sliders under the middle of the seat left the rear mounting hole without anything to attach it to. I made a short piece from some scrap 3/4"square tube and riveted it to the seat frame with steel rivets. Just about the full weight of the seat and body are on this part so I may weld it later before final assembly.
DSCF4720d.jpg

The rails needed 1/4" spacers between the seat and rails to keep the adjusting mechanism from interfering with the seat frame. I made these spacers to go there.
DSCF4716d.jpg

The remainder of the pictures are self explanatory.
DSCF4722d.jpg DSCF4726d.jpg

The seat has about an inch of clearance to the rear sheet metal when adjusted to the rear most position so I will use the space to tilt the seat back by remaking the spacers.

Now I will hang side pipes so I can have that Go-Kart experience.