So I kind of have 2 questions. The first one being will the rack potentially move around if I have "slots" on both the passenger and driver side. I think the answer is no as long as it's torqued to about 60-65 pounds. Now for the "centering" question.
Here's how I'm determining what I think is the optimal rack position. With the steering turned all of the way to the drivers side I am measuring the exact distance from the outside of tubular frame to the pivot point on the inner tie rod end. For argument's sake let's say that distance is 1.5". I then rotate the steering shaft to opposite stop on the passenger side (i.e. the maximum right travel and measure that same distance from the passenger side frame rail to the inner tie rod pivot point. Let's say that distance is 1". I then move the rack 1/2" to the passenger side (in the slots and with the Breeze bushings). Once that is complete both of the inner tie rod end pivot points will be 1.25" from the frame at stop on either side at maximum travel. This should insure that the steering geometry/bump steer is equal on either side when the car is going straight down the road. I did not try to center the steering and then make them equal because using the "find the center of the rack by rotating the steering wheel or shaft" did not seem exact enough for me.... Hope I'm explaining this so it can be understood.

The bump steer kit (at this point) is precautionary and if it isn't really needed then it's just to get the heim joints.....