Stuck camping for the weekend, but was able to stream the broadcast on my Droid. So, my "late to the party" comments follow.

FIRST - seriously need good 360 degree video for fair comparision. But here goes....

FFRs design - Designed by a tech guy and it shows. Provides everything a car would need technically, but no soul. Honestly, something I would come up with if I tried, but never choose to buy. I applaud the effort.

Black car, 1st place design - On paper it's got all the right stuff to make it a winner, kinda like how the rich kids have all the cool stuff to be popular. However, also like the rich kids, it just comes off as a pretender and not of substance. Jewelery. Not for me.

Rodney's blue second place design - It actually seems to look much better than the contest submission drawings that I hated. However, it still has a toy quality, like it was intended for a video game. I also question whether it can be built as it sits without major design revisions that will make it something it is not supposed to be. While I do greatly admire what it brings to the table, and that it completely stepped out of the box, - I still hate it. Marc Senger did the same out of the box thing, and his were more to my likings if I was going for sheer shock value.

Xabier's Red roadster - DON'T TOUCH THE GRILL. It's got heart and soul. Is it perfect? Nope. But that's what makes it real. That "fishmouth" is what will give it life. Why do folks remember the Muira and the Countach, but can barely remember the word Diablo? Mistakes that gave the designs life and longevity. Something that grows on you. Without that, before long you'll be looking at trading it in like your last Camry. Still my first place. (For the Subaru guys...10 years later and Bugeyes are more popular than ever. "mistakes" indeed)