Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Paint Protection Film

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I bought a large enough piece on amazon. Put some on the front lower corners of the front end. Not all over the front. My painter recommended just touch up paint for the chips. The corner protection is for hitting cones accidentally. Hit one and did its job. Top of passenger door piece for excited riders that flip the shoulder belt to the paint. Spats made out of them for rocks and dirt. Easy to make. Make a pattern with blue tape right on the area and transfer it to the 3M product, Cut, Install and your done.
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

2. Likes Cobradavid, cgundermann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR20AC View Post
    I bought a large enough piece on amazon. Put some on the front lower corners of the front end. Not all over the front. My painter recommended just touch up paint for the chips. The corner protection is for hitting cones accidentally. Hit one and did its job. Top of passenger door piece for excited riders that flip the shoulder belt to the paint. Spats made out of them for rocks and dirt. Easy to make. Make a pattern with blue tape right on the area and transfer it to the 3M product, Cut, Install and your done.
    I did the same as Jim it worked out good and a lot cheaper. Jim more driving less writing.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

4. Likes RR20AC, cgundermann liked this post