Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  38

Thread: EdwardBs Mk4 #8674 20th Anniversary Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionBa5tard View Post
    Hi Edward! How did you route your rear brake line off the master cyl? I know you went down the square tube behind the drivers pedal, but how did you route around the pedal bracket, steering column, and multiple bolts that go in there? (also how do you bend your brake lines so damn well?)
    For the rear brake lines, I mounted the rear master cylinder on the inside and it's a pretty simple curve over to the corner of the footbox and down. Pic 1 below. From there, down the side of the 3/4-inch tube. Pic 2. Held in place with the same clamps I used everywhere else. Pic 3 is the view from the outside. Then out the bottom through a hole in the footbox and to the rear along the 4-inch chassis tube. Pic 4. Later filled this hole with silicone to seal and prevent any rubbing. For this build, this routing avoided any mounting bolts, the steering column, etc. Since it's a Coyote build, the drive by wire (DBW) accelerator pedal doesn't interfere with this location. No wires, cables, whatever. Once completed, some are concerned the brake line through this area is buried under insulation and carpet. I'm OK with it since it's stainless plus there are no fittings or joints. In this case, it's one piece from the master cylinder to the tee fitting at the back. Takes some patience to make that piece and then get it into place. But got it done. I use the kit supplied steel lines to mock up every piece. Then duplicate using the SS tubing. As far as straight, yeah I know that's an issue because usually when you buy bulk tubing it's coiled. Inline Tube, a well known mainly on-line supplier of tubing and fittings is local for me. So I go to their place and get the SS pieces over the counter and left straight. They also have the mounting clips, tube nuts, tees, etc. Then it's just a matter of careful planning and execution.

Last edited by edwardb; 07-16-2020 at 07:44 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.