Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  225
Likes Likes:  365

Thread: 460.465USMC's MK4 Build #9890 - V.I.N. for the Win and Spring Rumble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Chris, I think you're on the right track and closer than you think. The pedal assembly looks like it's correctly mounted to the forward bracket, and the forward bracket looks correctly mounted to the firewall. I think the rear bracket looks high because the 3/4" tubes slope down as they go forward, so as that rear bracket moves forward to meet the pedal assembly it should drop into the right position. Here's what mine looks like, in case it helps.

what he said ^^^.
    try removing the front bracket from the footbox wall, attaching the rear bracket to the pedal box assembly, and then sliding the entire unit into place.

Post Thanks / Like

Pedal Box Rear Bracket - Issue Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    Chris, are you saying the bracket will not align with studs because it is hitting on something not allowing you to drill the mounting hole in the lower channel? A little hard to tell in the pics... It looks like you have the forward section mounted properly.
    Travis, thanks for the reference picture. Very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Chris, I think you're on the right track and closer than you think. The pedal assembly looks like it's correctly mounted to the forward bracket, and the forward bracket looks correctly mounted to the firewall. I think the rear bracket looks high because the 3/4" tubes slope down as they go forward, so as that rear bracket moves forward to meet the pedal assembly it should drop into the right position. Here's what mine looks like, in case it helps.
    Bingo, John! I just couldn't "see" it last night. I had to loosen the forward mounting bracket, which gave enough wiggle to slide the rear bracket into position. Sure enough, with them together the rear bracket mounting tabs slid right into position, resting on the 3/4" tube so I could mark for drilling. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by egchewy79 View Post
    what he said ^^^.
    try removing the front bracket from the footbox wall, attaching the rear bracket to the pedal box assembly, and then sliding the entire unit into place.
    Hi Egchewy79, thanks for chiming in. Between you and John I was able to get the rear bracket on and drilled. Onward!

In hindsight I think the F5 instructions were basically telling me to do the above. Taking a break and getting the forum's knowledge was just the thing I needed to move forward. Thanks again, Gents!

Chris
    Coupe complete kit delivered: 4/22/24. Build Thread. Coyote. T-56. IRS w/3.55. Wilwoods. PS. HVAC. Side windows.
    MK4 Complete kit. Build Thread Index. Delivered: 10/15/2020. Legal: 7/25/23. Coyote Gen3. TKO600 (0.64 OD). IRS w/3.55. PS. Wilwoods. Sway bars. This build is dedicated to my son, Benjamin. Build Thread.

3. Likes JohnK liked this post