Jeff - I know the STI came with the steering angle sensor but looking over the WRX wiring diagram i did not see one as part of the system. I have switched my ABS pump to a non STI one and am incorporating the components/changes to the STI wiring.

Am i wrong in thinking that the steering angle sensor is a STI only component? As well as the yaw sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by sponaugle View Post
I have not yet seen anyone who pulled the flash images off the exiting ABS controller. It should be possible as the ABS controller does SSM2, and the Subaru Select Monitor shows a 'programming ABS' option. If someone has a Subaru Select they can play with I can get a capture of the flash protocol.

If I recall correctly there is no 'traction control' on the 07 WRX. The 08 STI and WRX added the traction control and VDC system (Which can still be disabled via a button). In the case of the 08 STI, the TC system is controlled by the ABS system, and the ABS system calls for reduction in torque from the ECU via CAN bus. The ECU by default uses throttle control to reduce output torque, and currently the access port does not have the ability to edit those maps and algorithms. The VDC system uses the ABS system to apply paratial brake pressure to specific wheels based on yaw, accel sensor, steering angle sensor, and a few other things.