Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  25

Thread: Jazzman’s #8745 "Flip Top" Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I decided I had not set the pedals far enough forward in the DS footbox. With quite a bit of slow work, I was able to adjust the clutch pedal to move it almost 2" further forward. It now bottoms out within one inch of the front panel of the DS footbox. Feels about right.

Now I am having difficulty figuring out how to adjust the two brake MC's to make the brake pedal match the clutch. I know the shafts have to be screwed in, but the only way I can figure out to do that is to completely open up the brake system, drain the lines, unhook the MC's and then screw them in. I really would like to avoid that.

The shafts of the brake MC's are held in place by a tight clip around the end of the boot. They don't allow the shafts to rotate.

What am I missing? I tried to remove the balancing bar, but it would not come out in either direction. I loosened the nut and screw fitting on the inboard side of the balance bar. No joy. How do you adjust the brake pedal location?
    Last edited by Jazzman; 11-08-2016 at 04:18 AM.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan