FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are the proud 20th Anniversary Kit Owners?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThickCobra View Post
    So...how do we update the 20th Anniversary list?
    Just let me know in this thread and I'll update my original post. What do you want to add/change?

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I put up a post with the color codes
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was just curious who the 20 were and what state they reside in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Don't know what number I am. Build school in a couple of weeks and the my kit arrives around thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Enjoy the school and take notes. It is well worth the experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have their Wilwood brakes yet??? My updates from FF have gone from "They're in production..." some weeks ago to now no updates. Not ranting (yet) but wondering if anyone else is having any better luck than me. I've seen them on the prototype (of course) and I see them in build pictures of the Ohio Cobra Club raffle car. But haven't seen or heard of any others.

Not holding my build up, but I'm getting very close to where I need to run brakes lines, then also fuel lines and e-brake cables. I don't want to do that any of that until the calipers are hung on each corner and I can get the routing exactly right. Plus there's a side of me that just wants to make sure the new design bracketry is going to work OK with the new Mustang IRS stuff. Any fitment issues could be more long delays.
    Last edited by edwardb; 11-03-2015 at 01:06 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Does anyone have their Wilwood brakes yet??? My updates from FF have gone from "They're in production..." some weeks ago to now no updates. Not ranting (yet) but wondering if anyone else is having any better luck than me. I've seen them on the prototype (of course) and I see them in build pictures of the Ohio Cobra Club raffle car. But haven't seen or heard of any others.

Not holding my build up, but I'm getting very close to where I need to run brakes lines, then also fuel lines and e-brake cables. I don't want to do that any of that until the calipers are hung on each corner and I can get the routing exactly right. Plus there's a side of me that just wants to make sure the new design bracketry is going to work OK with the new Mustang IRS stuff. Any fitment issues could be more long delays.
    No brakes here in Maine. I did just receive a long awaited package containing my super shocks. Also received the 16 IRS control arm bushings I was missing. Now I can get the rear suspension finalized, with the exception of the BO axels.

Post Thanks / Like
    No brakes here either. After that the only things still backordered are axles and the door latches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Brakes, axles and door latches. Same here.

Post Thanks / Like
    From this post in Edwardb's thread, looks like Paul_M has #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_M View Post
    Hey Edward, This is my first build, I'm #9 for the 20th anniversary cars. Wanted to say thanks for all your suggestions and detailed postings they've been extremely helpful as I move along. I'm still waiting on the brakes as well, I was told a few weeks ago they would be shipped soon. I'm planning on PC all the non white panels gray to match the frame, has anyone come across the powder coat paint codes for the chassis so I can match the panels exactly? Thanks again
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bking View Post
    From this post in Edwardb's thread, looks like Paul_M has #9.
    Thanks King! I updated the original list to include Paul.

Paul, if you want to give us your chassis number and location I'll add that too. Welcome to the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,
    Yep, I'm #9, live in Briarcliff Manor, NY. Build is coming along, wish I had more time...basically weekends and some nights after work...took a little while to get the garage organized and rolling body buck sorted. Front suspension is done and now been working on cleaning up the IRS parts and hoping to start installing next weekend after I get a new jack. Found a powder coater near me, and eduardb posted the colors codes on another thread, thanaks agian, so will be coating all the non-white panels gray to match the frame. Still need to find a painter and debating the engine choice and where to buy it from. I was originally thinking Summits M-6007-Z427FRT, but Roush has a pretty sweet 427 IR and Engine Factory has a nice 427W, both have similar output, engine factory is a little cheaper. Anyone have experience we either of these shops or any other recommendations? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Also I'm still waiting on the brakes, CV Axles and Door Latches...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Paul,

I heard we may be seeing some axles this week...fingers crossed. But, I can't imagine what the brake hold up is with wilwood as mine was ordered by ffr in August. August!! On a good note, I purchased my 427w from Mike Forte of Forte Parts Connection and it arrived last week. Can't wait to drop it in to see how everything fits. I'm sure it will be in and out out a number of times, but thats the way it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul,

I heard we may be seeing some axles this week...fingers crossed. But, I can't imagine what the brake hold up is with wilwood as mine was ordered by ffr in August. August!! On a good note, I purchased my 427w from Mike Forte of Forte Parts Connection and it arrived last week. Can't wait to drop it in to see how everything fits. I'm sure it will be in and out out a number of times, but thats the way it works.
    The brakes were supposed to start shipping late last week. But still haven't heard anything or received any tracking info. (Or seen anything on my porch ) I heard second hand the problem was the special color. Could be. Couple of 2015 Mustang IRS builds going on in my area here and they have their new Wilwood brakes, and have for some time apparently. But they are black not the special Anniversary silver. 427W was what I was going to do until I changed course and went with the Coyote. Let's see some pictures of that bad boy!
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I'll have a look at Forte's. Spoke to Chris today at Engine Factory and Tony at FF. Leaning towards the 427w from Engine Factory, looks pretty sweet and more than enough power... They set it all up on the Dyno ready to go. They also offer it with TKO 600. Was thinking about EFI, they use Atomic, but I'm leaning towards keeping simple and go Carb. Both suggested upgrading to 3/8 fuel lines. Still researching in tank vs exterior pump. They both suggested with 500+ that I should go with power steering. Edward, I saw you ordered your rack from Breeze, I assume #70563, I think you mentioned the centered mount kit instead of the offset #70634 which they offer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Edward, I saw you ordered your rack from Breeze, I assume #70563, I think you mentioned the centered mount kit instead of the offset #70634 which they offer?
    Yes, I installed the 70563 PS rack. Have the same rack in my last build and very happy with how it works. I installed the offset rack bushings 70634. This will be the third time installing those parts. The steering rack chassis mounting locations on the Mk4 are well centered. But these bushings allow the rack to be moved forward and slightly down. Forward helps clear the boots off the frame. Down is supposed to help with bump steer, although with the Factory Five designed 2-piece spindles, likely bump steer won't be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thanks very much Edward

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dash panel. I am considering using the dash panel, made of a composit material and vinyl wrapped, which was provided with the 20th anniversary roadster. As many may know the car was also delivered with a blank aluminum dash if your inclined to design your own. My question relates to mounting the pre cut panel. The edges are rolled top and bottom and I'm not certain whether I should hang the top rolled edge onto the 3/4" square dash hoop or lay it flush to the top of the hoop.

On a relatedd note, does FFR have instructions for this particular dash panel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dash panel. I am considering using the dash panel, made of a composit material and vinyl wrapped, which was provided with the 20th anniversary roadster. As many may know the car was also delivered with a blank aluminum dash if your inclined to design your own. My question relates to mounting the pre cut panel. The edges are rolled top and bottom and I'm not certain whether I should hang the top rolled edge onto the 3/4" square dash hoop or lay it flush to the top of the hoop.

On a relatedd note, does FFR have instructions for this particular dash panel?
    I received that dash with my Anniversary kit, and chose not to use it because I wanted a competition layout. But I am familiar with it. The bottom edge you should be able to leave as is. It's similar to the regular aluminum version. The top edge though may need some trimming. There's not enough clearance from the body to put over the top of the 3/4 inch tube. It has to go in front. A regular wrapped aluminum dash with padding can be 1/4 inch thick or so, and they fit OK. So if you're in that range, it should be OK, although I would monitor very carefully when installing the body. The body lip may need to be trimmed back or straightened a bit. Depending on how you mount it, you may need some spacers between the dash and the 3/4 inch tube so that it sits properly with the edge remaining. If you do end up trimming the dash top edge, I would be very cautious. There was a thread some months ago from someone who trimmed theirs and it was enough to cause the covering to start separating from the backing. They were understandably not happy. I've not seen any instructions from Factory Five, but wouldn't hurt to call them and ask. They've installed at least one. On the Anniversary prototype. It looks OK, but of course with the body on can't tell how much or little they may have trimmed that top edge.

From this image on the Factory Five Anniversary edition news release, clearly they mounted it with screws through the front.

http://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conten...06/55A1361.jpg
    Last edited by edwardb; 02-28-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Edwardb,

As always, thanks for the response. I have some thinking to do as to whether I want to use this dash. Being a first time builder, I want to know my installation options before I'm committed. I am regularly running into "analysis paralysis". I'm sure your familiar with the term. However, as I mounted the high beam indicator light a little too high in the pre cut dash,, and as I see no easy way to repair/plug my mistake, the decision as to which to use may have just been made.

Thanks, again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back up Light? Hey guys, so in NYS for registration I need a back up light. I've seen some have used a flush mounted mini-cooper light. Just wondering if others have the same requirement and what you were thinking. I'm thinking of something temporary similar to the defroster requirement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa Slowleak -- Verona? I'm in Fitchburg, Wi. #8722 -- not 20th Anniv, but optioned similarly (2015 IRS, powder coat, etc.)
    Last edited by briankauf; 03-13-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I thought maybe it was time to ask whether some more of the 20th crew want to be added to the list at the start of this thread? I haven't asked ffr yet, but I'd be curious whether all 20 were sold/delivered. I'm #004.

Btw, briankauf and slowleak...I'm in Burlington, WI.

Post Thanks / Like
    They're definitely all sold. That has been confirmed multiple times. The last I heard -- a couple months ago -- was that one still hadn't been delivered. That was the last one and I'd guess is shipped by now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought maybe it was time to ask whether some more of the 20th crew want to be added to the list at the start of this thread? I haven't asked ffr yet, but I'd be curious whether all 20 were sold/delivered. I'm #004.

Btw, briankauf and slowleak...I'm in Burlington, WI.
    Awesome! It's surprising there are at least 3 builds going on in such close proximity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    And all of the 20th purchased. That is so cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope to see 001 at the Texas Cobra Meet in a couple of weeks! I'll probably buy some raffle tickets and try to pick up another one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Per RR20AC post #8 of his build thread, he has #18 of 20. Thought you might want to update the first post of this thread.
    King

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bking View Post
    Per RR20AC post #8 of his build thread, he has #18 of 20. Thought you might want to update the first post of this thread.
    Done - Thanks King!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Are several of you considering adjustable seat rails for your anniversary roadster seats. There seem to be quite a few from several suppliers with prices that vary based upon, as I see it, the complexity of the rail installation and function. I would appreciate hearing thoughts on individual's experience. And, one of the 2 Breeze units requires relocating the e brake handle. How difficult would this be to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll post this in my build thread, but will post it here for the other Anniversary Roadster builders. I had occasion to need some touch-up paint for the Tiger Drylac DB 703 Glimmer, 49/84340 power coat used on the Anniversary frame. The reason is in my build thread. After some searching, found a company in Texas that packages touch-up paint for powder coat and include some of the Tiger Drylac colors. I contacted them about this specific color, and they said yes they could provide it. Received it today and the match is perfect. I don't think you could find the repair. And even if I pointed it out, you might not be able to see it. I'm impressed (and relieved...). Here's a picture of the spray can with the company name and website. $15 plus shipping. Not bad.

Last edited by edwardb; 03-22-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are several of you considering adjustable seat rails for your anniversary roadster seats. There seem to be quite a few from several suppliers with prices that vary based upon, as I see it, the complexity of the rail installation and function. I would appreciate hearing thoughts on individual's experience. And, one of the 2 Breeze units requires relocating the e brake handle. How difficult would this be to do?
    I'll go ahead and respond since no one else has. I've driven two Roadsters five+ seasons without adjustable seat rails. I personally have not found them necessary. I'm very average size (5'10") and have the standard seats back as far as they will go. For me the fit is fine, and I wouldn't want them any further forward. I'm still below the top of the windshield and the roll bar, but I also wouldn't want the seat any higher and the adjustable tracks do add a little height. Unless you have different seats that go further back than the standard ones, or are short or have other short drivers, personally I don't see the need for adjustable tracks. Just more complexity. Another consideration is the anti-submarine belt. The seat pan attachment is just long enough to bolt in the belt with the seat all the way back. I'm not sure what guys are doing if they have adjustable seats and slide them forward. It would hit the belt attachment location. Leaving them off? Mounting them in the aluminum floor? Neither are good or safe options IMO. Maybe this has an easy answer, but I haven't seen it. Moving the e-brake handle isn't all that hard I guess. Guys do it. Typically using a Lokar setup. But I haven't seen the need, so can't comment about that.
    Last edited by edwardb; 03-22-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm about 5'-6" and have the adjustable seat track on the drivers seat with the FFR standard seats. It adjusted all the way back and I wouldn't feel comfortable with it any closer. I think you need to have a driver shorter than me before a seat adjuster is needed. It took extra time to install it and for me, I don't think I would do it again. The only advantage for me is the ability to move the seat forward to retrieve objects lost behind it.
    King

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Edwardb and 2bking,

Thanks for the response. As I am close to 5' 8", I clearly fit within your ranges. If a modification or upgrade adds value I'm all for it. But, I tend not to spend money on "nice to have" items. Well, it's not always the case but with this 1st build I'm careful not to go mod crazy nor try to take on so much that it loses its "fun factor". Also, though I always have questions I'd like to ask, I try to limit it to those questions which may be of interest to other anniversary builders. Thanks again.

Great find on the paint touchup. Maybe now I can hit some rivits with touch up.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the club Railroad! I added you to the list in Post #1 of this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Georg no longer belongs on the list; he never finalized his deal for a 20th anniversary roadster.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Georg no longer belongs on the list; he never finalized his deal for a 20th anniversary roadster.
    That's too bad...
    List has been updated.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RRussellTx View Post
    Welcome to the club Railroad! I added you to the list in Post #1 of this thread.
    Thanks, I appreciate the welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back up Light? Hey guys, so in NYS for registration I need a back up light. I've seen some have used a flush mounted mini-cooper light. Just wondering if others have the same requirement and what you were thinking. I'm thinking of something temporary similar to the defroster requirement.
    I do not know how a tag frame will look on your car, but some have the back up light incorporated into the frame.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast