Lift install continues. Had some friends help me get the ramps into position. Actually was quite easy using the engine crane. It is amazing how many uses I have found for that thing other than lifting engines! I hoped to complete the install yesterday. The directions and illustrations leave a lot to be desired. I have a question about the secondary safety lock and deemed it best not to proceed until I can talk to Bendpak on Monday and get my question answered. There is going to be a lot of money sitting on and under this lift. I want to make absolutely sure the safety devices are working as designed. Like the car there is definitely a learning curve on installation as I have had to do a couple steps over thanks to the weak directions.

While I wait for that I worked on my radiator protector.

I ordered a nomex honeycomb product from speedway motors. Looks like they are used for dirt track racing. I liked the simplicity of the install and it was pretty cheap so I figured I would give this a try. You can trim it to your desired size very easily with a utility knife.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Honeyc...Inch,3545.html

Here is a cross section of the trimmed off piece.

I also got an attachment kit from amazon.

Sprayed it flat black and here it is installed.