FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  101

Thread: Yama-Bro's MK4 Build Thread - #9158 (Index in Post #1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I worked on two of the under-dash support brackets today. They came out pretty good. This is one of the things you'll never see unless you are laying under the dash...so consider yourself lucky if you are reading this post.

These Factory Five supplied aluminum brackets had a square hole in them to hold some mustang parts that I'm not using, so I re-purposed them to house the foot box heater vents. The driver's side will also have the switch for the driver's seat heater. I installed nut-serts into them so they can be easily removed for behind the dash access and removal of the dash.

Here's the bracket installed. This picture is looking up at the underside of the dash on the passenger side. Notice the heater in the background. It's a short run for the heater duct to this vent. I also put the nut-serts in the frame.

Here's looking down from the top. I had a lot of the #10 decorative screws and finish washers left over from attaching the dash to the frame. I figured they'd look good fastening these brackets too. I'll probably shorten the screws later.

Here's a view of the driver's side from underneath. Adding these brackets really stiffened up the dash.

This is a picture from two weekends ago that I never posted. I added a hole for the push button that controls the speedometer on the bottom lip of the dash under the high beam switch. This lets you control the GPS functions (like 1/4 mile times) and reset the trip-meter.

I put the button that controls the clock on the opposite side...
    Last edited by Yama-Bro; 09-30-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines