Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  101

Thread: Yama-Bro's MK4 Build Thread - #9158 (Index in Post #1)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I installed a mechanical throttle linkage on my car this weekend. FFR supplies a cable linkage with the kit. I've read of a lot of complaints about the cable setup, so I opted for Mike Forte's mechanical linkage. Its much easier to install with the body off, so it was a good time to do it. It also has more of the vintage Cobra vibe, which I'm all about. There's a ton of adjustment to it, so it took some fiddling to get it just right. Now that I have it, it seems absolutely perfect. It's super smooth with just the right amount of travel and resistance. I'm pretty happy with this linkage.

Here's an overhead shot of the whole linkage from the gas pedal (middle right) to the Sniper EFI (lower left). The top of the foot box is removed in this picture.

This shot shows the linkage connection to the EFI from the drivers side. Not shown in this picture, I ended up connecting some extra throttle return springs, that came in Forte's kit, from the throttle back to a bracket attached to the middle post in the intake.

This view from the passenger side shows the footbox aluminum in place, but I took that out to make assembly easier. I put a hole in the side of the footbox where the pivot bar penetrates the panel. I placed a rubber grommet in the hole to give it a nice finished look.

Here's another overhead view showing the linkage up by the firewall. There's a large 2" frame member behind the aluminum firewall that I attached the ball ends to. It made for a super solid mounting point, which will have zero flex when stomping the throttle. The slots in the arms allow you to adjust the ratio of gas pedal movement to throttle movement. I started off at approx 1:1. Like I said, it feels perfect right now, but I may adjust it once I start driving it.

Here's a view looking up from inside the footbox. You can see the gas pedal and the linkage going up from there to the pivot shaft.
    Last edited by Yama-Bro; 09-18-2022 at 08:19 PM.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

2. Likes nucjd19 liked this post