Thanks Thanks:  225
Likes Likes:  220

Thread: Edwardb’s Gen 3 Type 65 Coyote Coupe #59 Build: 5,000 Mile Report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Paul-

Skate wheel mod looks great, as with everything else you build... I have to remark on your confidence though (in a good way!!). I noticed that you didn't oval any of the holes where the wheels are mounted to allow for modest adjustments. I have to admire the fact that you were so confident in your measurements and execution, that you felt it unnecessary to allow for any adjustment! I on the other hand, would have allowed for a wide range of adjustment options!! I admire your skill and execution Paul!

As with all of your builds, I have enjoyed following along and look forward to seeing her all finished up! She looks terrific!

Regards,

Steve
    Thanks for the generous comments Steve. I'm probably not quite as confident as you make it sound. Yes, I match drilled the mounting holes in the brackets to the holes in the frame U-bolt mounts. That with them adjusted right where I wanted them. But it's very likely they could require some tweaks later after the body has been off again, etc. If so, I'll slot the mounting holes in the roller brackets as needed. Easy to do in the aluminum and the way they're mounted there's room for them go in/out some. There's already some adjustment possible there. Initially I was going to use adjustment slots for the wheels themselves as you suggested. But these particular wheels if you tighten them down enough to where they would stay put in a slotted hole, they start binding up a bit. There's very little clearance between the inner sleeve of the bearings and the bearing surface itself. Not sure how they're installed in in-line skates. But mounted as shown here, you have be careful not to overtighten. So I decided having an exact size hole in the bracket for the wheels was important.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
    I will steal that design for sure..... nicely executed Sir
    Thanks Erik. I borrowed heavily from the Gen 2 version. But steal away with this version.
    Last edited by edwardb; 04-27-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.