FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: AZ Meetups?

Post Thanks / Like

AZ Meetups?

Finally got settled in Sun City West, AZ..... I've seen a number of events in the Phoenix area for car shows and the like, was curious if there are any regular meet ups within the Cobra community..... thanks.. Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty active group in AZ...Check out Arizona Cobras at: www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/
    FFR MK4 #8317, 393 Cleveland, Lunati VooDoo solid roller, CHI 3V heads and intake, TKO 600, Std roadster seats, 8.8 3.55 diff, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, Ford "Magnetic Metallic", silver ghost stripe. (Sold 10/16/21)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankb View Post
    Pretty active group in AZ...Check out Arizona Cobras at: www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick response...

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Rick,

Welcome to the Valley of the Sun. I'm one of the east side Cobra group. I think there are seven now in this general area (Mesa to Gold Canyon). There is a coffee/car get to gather in Cave Creek that has Cobras and a lot of exotics as well. I think they meet every month. I haven't made that one yet. If you are very brave you can venture out to Mesa for the East Side Cruisers car show. There are usually 100 to 150 hot rods of all kinds at its peak (every Friday, 4;30 PM to 6 or later). It's in the Basha's plaza at Main and Signal Butte. There are a lot of car shows out here. Many are annual events but there seems to be at least one per weekend and usually more than one somewhere in the valley.

Good luck,

WEKm
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick,
    Since you live on the west side the closest weekly event for you is in the parking lot of the Living Spaces furniture store at 67th ave & Bell road. It's every Saturday night and although it's not exclusive to Cobras, it's mostly Hot Rods of every form and it's pretty big. If you care to venture to the other side of town, there's an equally large show every Saturday night at the Pavillions in Scottsdale. It's on Indian Bend road just off the 101. Both events are a lot of fun with a pretty big turn out this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, thanks....

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick....as you can tell there are basically two groups in the PHX area. East side and west side. Not many cross over because of the distance between Goodyear and Mesa. There are many cruise events around AZ. Follow AZcobra and you'll see some long distance runs through out the year. Several gatherings in Scottsdale and a nice car show each year in fountain hills which features a cobra helicopter surrounded by AC Cobra's. A few of us like to track our cars. Look up Pro Auto Sports for dates and track locations. Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike, that sounds cool!.... good stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just in case you have time, tomorrow morning is the Scottsdale Motorsports Gathering (aka "Cars 'n' Coffee) car show. It happens the first Saturday of each month at Mayo Blvd and Scottsdale road, 7am to 10am. I can't be there this month, but there might be several other Cobra's there. AZPete might also be there with his white 818. Look him up. He's good people. Sorry I will miss it, but if you go, have a great time. Should be a nice day for it.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan