I'm hoping someone has their car and a tape measure handy and might take a measurement or two for me.

You'll notice in the picture below, there are no switch holes. That, and the steering shaft hole, are the next items in my continuing dashboard saga. I've been thinking over the past few days about moving the location of the headlight switch from right-side-of-steering-wheel location to the left side of the speedometer. The stock switch holes are more or less above the transmission tunnel. It's a long story, but thanks to the veneer and the size and location of the existing holes, the switch would be offset vertically from the other switches - so I might as well move it.

My question is just how much room there is available left of the speedo. So, if you have the standard dashboard layout and have the dash and body mounted, perhaps you could measure how much room there is on the left of the speedometer that's more or less accessible before the dash curves? This will eliminate the guesswork and the overly conservative approach of mounting the dash and the body before installing the switch. I know - I'm probably making this way more complicated than I need to!