Hi all. I'm a little late in posting my build.
My MK IV complete kit was delivered by Stewart Transport Nov 20. Holidays, family, and out of town work delayed the actual build start to after the 1st of the year.

Before the configuration list, some background:

Almost 20 years ago a good friend bought one of the very early Factory Five roadster kits, found a Mustang donor car, and proceeded to build his Cobra in the enclosed sun room/porch. I helped some with the build. During that build and over the subsequent years I have been greatly impressed at how well everything fit and just works, still,….after 20 years.
I always lusted over his Cobra but never expected to be able to manage the finances and the challenge of a build of my own. However, through a bazaar sequence of events, I find myself living a couple hundred yards from my friend and his wife, and coming off of a post-retirement contract job that has funded this seemingly unrealistic dream.

I now have the funds AND the willing expertise and assistance of my friend,….Cobra here I come!

The Cobra will be for street driving, touring Florida to Tennessee and more, and some autocross.

Coyote and TKO 600 with IRS.

With almost 3 weeks since lifting the body off the chassis, the front suspension is on, steering rack is next for up front. The center diff for the IRS is in as are the control arms, spindles, and half-shafts. Waiting on parts to get back from powder coat to install the sway bar. Trying to figure out best fit and best sequence for sheet metal installation.
More details, and hopefully pics, to come as I catch up on the build posting. (Assuming I can figure out how to post pics)

I've read some of the outstanding build threads such as EdwardB and Wareaglescott, etc, as well as the continued postings, with the motive to try and educate myself and minimize the dumb questions to the forum. Notice I said “minimize” because sometimes I'm a bit slow to catch on and need help. Thus I'll ask for patience and forgiveness ahead of time cause I know the questions will come.

I'm excited to take on the challenge of the build, and honored to join this elite, helpful, and knowledgeable group on this forum. Hope I will be able to assist as I go forward and gain experience.

Coyote engine/TKO 600/hydraulic clutch - yet to be sourced

Factory Five Purchase:
Roadster complete kit
Powder coated chassis
Body cut-outs
Standard vinyl seats- possibly to be upgraded aftermarket
Power steering
Wood steering wheel
IRS
Vintage GPS gauges
Halibrand 17” wheels
Stainless side pipes
Vinyl dash with glovebox
Sun visors
Wind wings
Side louvers
Brake duct wire mesh
Battery cut-off switch
Front and rear sway bars
Chrome driver and passenger roll bars
Mustang brakes
31 spline driveshaft
Coyote full length headers

Additional purchases:
Metco driveshaft loop
Thompson drop trunk
Breeze front battery box, radiator mount and shroud, dash supports, and PS offset
Breeze cockpit bulkhead trunk shelve access
Herb Fraser door panels

To be purchased:
Heidt's valve for PS
Lizard skin sound and heat insulation
Seat heaters
LED lighting
Coyote, TKO 600, hydraulic clutch- Most likely Forte

Some complete decisions:
Engine compartment- Scotch bright scuff and Sharkhide

Possible considerations:
Push button start