I have a neighbor that asked me to help him sell these two cars. Both are in various stages of restoration/customization/excessive stereo installation. The first is this 1994 Mustang GTII Saleen:

The odometer says it has 78K miles on it. The hood says it is a "347 Stroker". I don't know if any of that is accurate, as I don't know if this is a real "Saleen" produced car or an attempt to duplicate the look. It has enough speakers in it to fill Diamondbacks Stadium! It has clearly seen some sun, as the rubber and plastic is hard. The DS front fender and the nose is gone, as it was hit in a minor parking lot accident with a truck. The engine looks clean, but the battery is dead. I am sort of considering buying it to either use a donor or put back together if it is more valuable in it's original state. KBB doesn't even show this variant, closest they show is a a Mustang GT with a max value of $1000 at this mileage. The owner's son thinks it is worth $17-20K. (I highly question his judgement for several reasons!) Bottom line, should I investigate this one any further?

Same neighbor also has this 2001 BMW X5 4.6is. Paint job is a badly done home job, car does run, wheels might be more valuable than the car itself!!

I forgot to check the mileage, but I can if someone is interested. It,too, has a ridiculous amount of speakers in it, including a badly built bass cabinet with four 12" Rockford Fosgate speakers. I like the car OK, I am just not sure it is worth the money and effort.

What do you think? What would be a fair price for either car? Are either one of them worth repairing/restoring? Is anyone interested in buying either of them?