Hey Y'all,

My name is Scott and I live just east of San Diego.

I have been in love with Cobra's since 1984 when I was lucky enough to get a ride in one. I have now been in a few others, but to this day, I have never felt acceleration in any other car that matched what I felt that day over 30 years ago... In my mind, it was an original but I actually have no idea...

Started researching FF several years ago and went to a few HB events and decided if I ever get one, I wanted to build it. Waited a little longer. Now, With my kids all out of the house (for now at least) I decided to go to Build School to see if I really wanted to take on the scope of this project. Although I love tinkering and fixing everything, but having very average auto/mechanic experience I wanted to be sure. I want the end result to be safe, reliable, and high quality, and awesome. Build school was super helpful and I ordered at the end of December. My car was completed on February 10th, picked up by Steward on the 13th, traveled very slowly across the country but made it to me on March 8.

Basic build is very similar to MANY others I see:
Mark IV
IRS
Coyote
Willwoods
Padded dash
FF Halibrands
Seat heaters
No wipers or heater...

I don't really visualize myself doing car shows, but more of a driver and occasional recreational autocross.

I have found so many helpful build threads on here. It has been amazing and inspiring to see the willingness to share ideas and helpful hints. I have to say that I don't really plan on doing a complete build blog... I am staring at computer screens all day long so the last thing I feel like doing when I am home is looking at a screen. But I will post my questions, problems, and fixes so that they may perhaps help others.

My undecided questions:

Color- I don't think I will figure this out for some time, but heavily leaning toward a dark color without strips or perhaps ghost strips. The good think is "Da Bat" is only about 45 minutes north of me, so I am outsourcing the body/paint as I have NO experience in that area.

Hydraulic Clutch??? I have seen the problems with running the clutch cable with heat/room with the Coyote. But has anyone done this successfully? If there isn't a big difference in clutch pressure/performance, is it worth it?

Oh, my Kit.... about 50% done with inventory but.... so far it looks like I have almost everything, and everything I need to start. Two FF boxes of parts made it to my house before the kit did.