While paying off my kit I am looking at the options I'm going to use. I've done maintenance and upgrading on all my cars my whole life but I am so far out of the league of most guys here it blows me away. Your build threads are incredible to read through, and I wouldn't attempt to do this without you all and my Father-in-law, who has done three frame-off restorations.
I've gone with the Complete kit as well as a Blueprint engine. From the build threads I have decided to go with manual brakes since I will be using Wilwood brakes and this car won't go on track but be more of a driver. I've also decided to use power steering, as most have said they wouldn't build without it. I'm stuck on AC though. I live in MS and it gets so hot down here I can't begin to explain. During the worst part of it we go from AC houses, to AC cars, into our AC jobs, spending as little time outside as possible. It's not the heat it's the humidity though and that is why I am contemplating AC in the car with the soft top. But I worry it would have not be pretty powerful to cool that cockpit with the windows zipped and the heat building up from both footboxes. Is it better to just go without and let the wind blow? Fellow builders from the Deep South what have you done?
I know it will be MUCH easier to build it that way than add it later, so there is that to consider as well.
This isn't something I have to decide before the kit comes, but it changes the cost of the engine and I am a planner. I need that spreadsheet to be accurate before I leap.