Arrived back home about 1:30 AM today from a great long weekend! Although I've wanted to head out to this event for the past few years to complete the trifecta (FFR Open House, London Cobra Show and Huntington Beach) I just haven't been able to put it all together what with building a new house, new shop and real "day job" schedules until this year. So glad I got to make it! The weather was perfect and I can't imagine a better venue. Lots of highlights but like always while we all love the cars it's really the people who make our Factory Five community so special! I don't want to start naming individuals for fear of leaving someone out so let's just say that I was able to reunite with a number of west coast friends as well as finally meet face to face with so many old and new forum friends for the first time!

OK, I lied. One name has to be mentioned; David Hodgkins and his family put forth a Herculean effort to pull this off! Not only did they take the reins of the Saturday event but they also hosted the Friday evening BBQ at their home as they have done in years past. Either one of these alone are monumental but combined is kind of mind blowing!!!! And...AND...AND... as if that wasn't enough Dave spent most of Saturday afternoon performing with the band and still had enough left in the tank for the post show "afterparty" at the Longboard! David, Leesa and family I know you heard it from others but Thank You so much for your efforts!

I was asked to be one of the judges for the show awards. I found out when doing the same at the Open House that it's a difficult job and with as high as the bar is being set with all of the Roadster, Coupe, 33, GTM and 818 builds it gets harder every year! Trying to recognize individual cars of such high caliber can drive a judge to drink---so after the awards that's what we did! Congrats to all who took home an trophy!

On the awards front, I was both honored and humbled to be selected as this year's recipient of the Robert Feddersen Memorial Award. Although I never got the opportunity to meet him in person I did know him and of his actions through the forum. To be held in the same regard as Robert and all of the prior year recipients of this recognition means more than I can effectively put into words---know that I mean it sincerely when I say Thank You to all of you who felt that I was worthy. I also have to thank all of the folks who participated in Dave's campaign to assist with making it possible for me to attend:

65 Cobra dude (Henry Renaud)
Don DePontee
Garry Bopp
i.e.427 (Frank Maslowski)
J.Miller (DaBat)
Just Puttering (Debbie Anspaugh/Ed Coent)
Michael Everson
mmoen (Michael Moen)
RR30AC (James Ausbun)
Jacob
Ducky2009(David Sarver)
Mike Forte

One last amusing note that made me laugh out loud as I thought about it on the plane last night; Jeff Miller, Ken Pike and I were sitting together at the corner of Main St. and Walnut Ave. as the show was winding down. As two guys walked by one said to the other "That's Moe, Larry and Curly over there". Man, no respect

The weekend will stand as one of the highlights of my year!

Jeff