Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Our SSNK4US Begins.....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our SSNK4US Begins.....

My mom and dad took me with them to a Ford dealer (Ralph Williams Ford for you old SoCal people) when I was 6 years old. First I pointed to “that one” , Cobra, “no” then I pointed to “that one” , 66 fastback, I got another “no” lol They settled on a 66 Mustang coupe sage gold (ugly) wth pony interior, 289 and a C4. It eventually became mine after going thru my older sister, my older brother (2 accidents and a high tide incident in Newport or Huntington I think lol) I turned it into a high 10 second pro street daily driver before anyone knew what pro street was....so my real hands on experience started then but actually earlier, I helped change the timing belt on my brother in laws 71? Pinto when I was about 12.
    So at 6 I got my first taste of a real Cobra. That’s when it all started... I built models of it, watched ABC’s Wide World of Sports... I definitely knew who Carroll Shelby was and what he was all about.

I (we’ve, my wife and I) have been lurking (and dreaming) around the forum for a few years and signed up a couple of years ago. I’ve read sooo many builds, some many times lol, and have thrown my 2 cents in on things once in a while. Then someone else in town I found ordered a kit. It nudged us a little closer (Thanks Rodney!) to buying a kit. We’ve been to a few HB shows and the last one at the end we stopped and talked to Dave Smith and I actually shook Jeff Kleiner’s hand lol I posted in another thread how fast and easy it went down....

It’s just my wonderful wife and I, of almost 36 years, and our two 10 year old golden retrievers and she is probably more excited than I am about it all. She’ll be right there next to me wrenching on everything too.

So we pulled the trigger on a Mk4 this morning!!!!

Sorry for being so long winded, and excuse any typos, this is A LOT to type on an iphone and there’s A LOT OF ADRENALINE FLOWING right now! LOL!!!
    But the forum is like a family... and we were kind of stepchildren lol
    Now we are part of the family... if that makes any sense.
    Of course NOT discounting any lurkers or dreamers out here... we were one of those too... and probably pretty much everybody else was also.

My wife and I are very fortunate to soon becoming part of the Factory Five owners family!!!!

Kurt & Cathy
    Last edited by SSNK4US; 12-05-2018 at 01:04 AM.
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

2. Likes Kmcallahan, JB in NOVA liked this post