Hello Everyone,

I've always wanted to build my own car. Having a machine you know every inch of, every part had your fingerprints on and you know it inside out just has to be the best way of ownership. And having played too many computer games growing up, upgrading a car as funds become available just seems like so much fun.

Also, as I won't be here in California forever I want to drive the amazing tracks around me: Sonoma, Laguna Seca, Thunder Hill, Willow springs. It would a dream come true to race these in a car I truly own.

But, there's some snags to overcome. Here in America, Uncle Sam won't let me work and the Mrs is the bread winner. So, funds for cars are woefully short and time is the only real resource I have. The other minor bump is that I've only just passed my driving test and have barley turned a wrench in my life. A more major bump is that I don't have any tools or space. There's a nagging thought I should just get a Miata, S2000 or Boxster with what little cash I have and pay someone to fix it.

But, giving up doesn't seem to be the ways things are done here in the USA and where there's a will there's a way. I've about $15,000 to spend, a load of free time and a rental workshop just down the road. I want to keep the car for life and have it follow me around the world.

So, it's got to be the 818s. It needs to be cheap, simple and reliable. I'd love to prove to myself, you guys and everyone else that the most ill-equipped person here can build a great car for under $15,000. I'd also like to prove it to the world with a live stream of every bit of work done, a you tube channel detailing every major step and to share the research with others who would like to do the same. If I can do it, anyone can.

It can be done, but I will need your help!

-Edwin