Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  111

Thread: CV2065 MKIV Build Thread - Graduated!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, things have been a little trying lately, as I'm getting defective or wrong parts that I have to wait on. First off, I pulled the 'donut' out of the TKO600. Pretty easy to do, but you have to be careful not to grab on to the actual seal. I took some channel locks, locked on to the donut and it came right out. Needle nose pliers weren't cutting it. Looks something like this:

Once out, I inspected the seal, and you guessed it, was defective. The lip was rolled on one side and thanks to the forum advice, I swapped it out. The replacement for the TKO600 is Tremec #TCSJ1277. Funny thing was when I contacted Tremec, they were recommending a National part, and not a Tremec part. I read off the number from the old seal and they said "Oh yeah"...and sent me one almost next day, so good customer service on Tremec's part.

Very easy to swap out. I grabbed on the seal with a seal puller and popped out immediately. Pressed the new one back in flush with the housing by hand and then tapped it the rest of the way in with an electrical pipe fitting that I found at Home Depot and put a plastic 2" cap on the top. No sealer on the sides of the seal. As you can see in the pictures, the seal rests on a backstop inside the housing, so no guessing how far to drive in. When it stops, you're good.

Bad Seal

No Seal

New Seal

Seal Tapper (Home Depot #12320 - Halex 2" Electrical Tube)
    Last edited by cv2065; 02-10-2019 at 10:32 PM.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

2. Likes BadAsp427 liked this post