Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FlipTop has a Sister!

Post Thanks / Like

FlipTop has a Sister!

I have been looking for another project since completing my MKIV Roadster. An opportunity fell into my lap and I couldn't pass it up. It is not, however, a Factory Five. It is a 1967 Mustang Coupe.

I have started an "Off-Topic" Build thread for her, "Jazzman's 1967 Ford Mustang Build: FlipTop gets a Sister!" You will not see my posts on the general feeds of currently active threads because this is not an FFR build. (That seems reasonable!) However, if you would like to go along with me on this next journey, please click on the above link, leave your comments over on the build thread, and remember to subscribe to the thread so you will get notifications of when I add more stuff.

Rest assured I am not leaving the FFR family! I could not be more proud of FFR, this forum, and all you, my friends. I read your posts practically every day! I am just enlarging my horizons temporarily, and improving my skills along the way in preparation for the next FFR build. I want to raise the bar on each successive build. I hope to do the same with this Mustang.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Jazzman, that looks like a great project, good luck and please do keep us informed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww....she's adorable.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RJD View Post
    Awwww....she's adorable.
    (Chuckle!!) Adorable might be a stretch, but she's got good bones. My wife says I saved her. She needed someone to show her some love and dress her back up. I think I can do that.

Since you won't see any posts I add on my Off-topic build thread, please be sure to subscribe to it. Great to have you coming along for the ride!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found an interesting opportunity for my Mustang build. Could I ask you to go over to that Off-Topic Build thread and give me your opinion? Link to the build thread is in my signature. Thanks!
    Jazzman

Post Thanks / Like
    Saved her??? No way - that's a really nice looking starting point. Congrats on the new project - Mustangs are a great follow-on to an FFR and make a nice alternative cruiser.

This is what a car looks like when you save it.

.... and after all the trees were cut down to get it out of it's 35 year resting place

Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Game, Set, and Match to Mr. Gumball!!

How is the Rustang coming? You haven't updated that thread in forever!! I'm getting shaky from lack up updates. Come on, Chris, you got us hooked, now feed our addiction!! I do hope it is going well . . . or at least you are having fun!!
    Jazzman