Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  62
Likes Likes:  91

Thread: P100DHG Build Thread - Gen 3 Coupe #138

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    305A3030-4D6D-46DA-B4B4-107447BE7992.jpeg 68F7870A-5D78-4857-A638-B8FB86A1611D.jpeg

@FactoryFive let’s wrap a MK4 Roadster round this engine!

When I was researching my Daytona, I stopped into a local dealer known for their custom Fords. In fact they have a dedicated customs shop and their work is pretty good. On their showroom floor sat that Roush 427IR. A fuel injected Borla 8 stack engine producing 560hp with a hefty price tag of $49,148. They said they would cut me a deal but even then it’s was something I really couldn’t afford. Also had no idea of what the parts alone on that engine are worth at the time. Staggering frankly.

Cut to I’m driving past the dealer and I decided to give them a call and see if that engine was still sitting there. Not only was it still there but they were tired of looking at it. I called my contact at Roush and we went over it and basically he gave it his blessing. I had the dealer do a compression and oil pressure check and the numbers are perfect. Mind you it’s brand new but why not do it anyway.

So I bought the engine. BUT I didn’t pay $49,148, I paid $13,500! That is the nature of classic cars as we know, you’re lucky if they are worth half of what you build them for and in the case of this engine, about a 1/5. But I am well positioned for a Roadster.

PS - Jeff is making great progress on my Coupe, pictures coming this weekend.
    PPS- that engine has an oil pan built for a truck LOL and an AC compressor so some mods are necessary. Or a Roadster with AC
    Last edited by P100DHG; 12-23-2020 at 10:15 AM.