Hi all. Decided I'd register with the forum, although I'm probably about a year out from pulling the trigger. The current plan is a complete Roadster kit with a carbureted 302 and T5 from BluePrint - very mild compared to most builds here, but my plans don't involve track use. I just want to build a casual weekend cruiser that I can enjoy for many years. I've considered the donor route, but given that the compatible Mustangs are '87-'04 and its 2018, I think I'll pass due to the age of these parts. I've read plenty of comments from donor builders who've replaced so many donor parts on their builds in the years after completion that it likely would have been cheaper for them to just use all new components in the first place. Not to mention the time and hassle of salvaging and cleaning donor parts for building and replacing them when they fail - so I'm pretty sold on the complete kit.

I've never built a car, but I'm not completely green, either. I'm a DIYer where possible, plus I love cars and motorcycles, so I've replaced my share of parts over the years. I know it's highly-recommended, but I am still unsure about whether I will try to attend the build school.

My obsession with cars began in childhood and I built a lot of models, including one of a Shelby Cobra. I recall having no idea who or what Shelby was when I saw the box on the shelf in the store - just knew the car on the box was one of the most beautiful cars I'd seen.

One question for now: do people insure their kits before they're built? My irrational fear is taking a weekend trip during the build process and coming home to find that someone has made their way into my garage and stolen some or all of the components. Doubtful that it would happen, but I'm a worrier. Anyone else ever consider this? I'm thinking this is something that would be covered by home insurance, but not sure? Probably need to call my insurer up and have a talk before buying.

Anyway, looking forward to the journey!