Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Badge question and seat/harness for anyone who might need

Post Thanks / Like

Badge question and seat/harness for anyone who might need

Hey everyone!

I just ordered a "Powered by Ford" and 2 "Cobra" emblems for my car from Finish Line accessories. They look great in the packaging - but they have the pins on the back side. Obviously, I can't just punch holes in the car. I am assuming that you shave them down and use some kind of adhesive to get them to cement? Am I on the wrong though process here?

2ndly - I purchased Kirkey 41000 seats and went with the cover. I got some prices for custom upholstery and almost fell over - like they were trying to give me a heart attack. So I have a perfectly fine Passenger seat that I would be willing to part with for cheap if anyone needs one or knows of someone who might. The driver side is fine except for the bottom cushion. I cut most of the padding out to give me a little more room (hence why I am going with the new seats for more room). It is going to do nothing but sit in my garage, eventually get ruined and tossed away. I also have the Simpson 5 point racing harness if anyone needs. I went with Orange ones for the new seat.

Thanks in advance for the help with the badges and if anyone needs/wants the parts just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    A recent thread HERE just discussed the badges.

Seems like most knock the pins off and use 3M automotive tape.
    Mk IV base kit #9273 Delivered 1/29/2018
    3-link Moser 8.8 3.55
    TKO 600
    427w by Fordstrokers w/Holly sniper efi/hyperspark distro and ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Curious which orange harness you went with? I also have orange harnesses. Wondering what the other options might be.

Also 3M tape works like a champ. You will have no problems cutting the post off and using it.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, I used the same company you did. I couldn’t find any other company that did orange. I am almost ashamed to admit it.
    That being said, I almost had my car sold. The guy was supposed to send me the money that day. I couldn’t get it to start (ended up being a bad battery) but my buddy from Germany sent me a picture of two of your car and it inspired me to keep mine and work on her.
    I have been trying like crazy to find a shift boot that is black with orange stitching and that has got me no where. Orange is just a hard sell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason, you can find a leather boot for an Audi TT on eBay, cheap. Then pull the stitching out and re-stitch it by hand with heavy duty needles in orange. Pretty easy once the leather has been cut and stitched. Or take it to a shoe repair or tayler for the stitch work.
    -Steve.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rowe View Post
    Scott, I used the same company you did. I couldn’t find any other company that did orange. I am almost ashamed to admit it.
    That being said, I almost had my car sold. The guy was supposed to send me the money that day. I couldn’t get it to start (ended up being a bad battery) but my buddy from Germany sent me a picture of two of your car and it inspired me to keep mine and work on her.
    I have been trying like crazy to find a shift boot that is black with orange stitching and that has got me no where. Orange is just a hard sell.
    ok thanks.
    I am slightly concerned with how mine are wearing on my drivers shoulder belts where I tighten and loosen them. Not sure how long they will last. Have been considering buying a back up set to use in the future.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    As to the badges - I drilled holes for the pins and used push nuts on the back to hold them tight.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074