It's been a very productive last few weeks. I have the rear harness mods complete and the harness installed, 3/8" SS fuel hard lines installed (waiting to install tank to fab up the SS PTFE lines), and SS rear brake lines finished. I'm hoping to finish the front brake lines tomorrow so I can bleed the brakes. I'd like to bleed the brakes and know I have a leak-tight system before installing the rest of the sheetmetal as it'll be much easier to get to any lines that need rework (hopefully none).

One small part of the brake system is the reserviors. I decided to get them engraved to make things less confusing down the road. I called a local engraver and described what I needed, and they did an amazing job. It's a husband and wife business. It turns out the husband has built a cobra replica (don't remember the brand) and they also have a '69 Ferrari that they've restored and show, and a Fiat that they're restoring. I love it when I go to run a quick errand and run into "car people" and end up chatting for an hour. I even got a recommendation for an upholstery place from them.

Here's the reservoir now in the car. It'll need to swing out of the way later to install the engine, but I can get it all plumbed up now.

Here's a shot of the backside, showing the hose routing, and the grommet I made to pass the three hoses through the footbox wall. I'm very happy with how that turned out.

Question: I'm planning to run catalytic converters, and I'm a little concerned about heat. I'm considering installing heat shields on the hoses like these. Is that a good idea or not necessary?

Here's a shot of the hose routing in the footbox. I wanted to preserve as much serviceability in here as possible, so I've ordered some spring hose clamps for the hose connections to the MC's. I figure this will at least give me a fighting chance to be able to undo those clamps down the road if needed. No way in hell I'd be able to cut off pinch clamps in there, and I'm generally not a huge fan of worm gear clamps so I avoid those whenever I can.