Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Gen 3 coupe chassis #15 build thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gen 3 coupe chassis #15 build thread

All,

I am excited to share my gen 3 build. I have always enjoyed reading your great tips, tricks, and builds, but I never found the time to post on my project. I am just about over the line and thought I might finally take a minute to share. I was an early gen 3 coupe with delivery in March 2017. The car is back from paint and registered in Texas. I can’t say thanks enough to all of the great resources you have all created walking through the registration process in Texas. I have had a great deal of fun adding some custom touches to the car and found some great partners for the build. The car has a gen 2 5.0L Coyote aluminator engine, power brakes, and power steering. I will post a full list of non-kit components a bit later for anyone who is interest.

Most importantly, I need to thank the Traveling Builder. Mark, Matt, Brendan, and Wanda are fantastic. I truly cannot say enough great things about them or working with. Prior to this build my automotive experience consisted entirely of changing several tires. I spoke at length with Mark prior to even placing an order to gain a better understanding of the car and process. After receiving the car, I spoke to Mark several more times before I ever had them down. He was always extremely helpful and unbelievably knowledgeable. Over the course of 2017 and 2018 combinations of Mark, Matt, and Brendan came down 5 (maybe 6, I stopped counting) times for 5-8 days. It was a great arrangement for me. I could work on the car independently have fun and learn as I went with a fantastic safety net knowing they would double check my work, teach me new things, and leave me with homework. It was also great to take certain parts of the project that needed to be done right and honestly did not sound that fun to me or had too steep of a learning curve and ask them to work on it. To say that I could not have completed the project without them is a gross understatement. I would never have even begun the project without having spoken with them and gained comfort in their skills and process in advance. In addition to their skills and knowledge, they are just great people and I had a great time working with them in the garage. My 4 year old loved having them around each trip and she has asked me several times already when Mr. Mark and Mr. Matt are coming back. I am extremely grateful for their time, efforts, and friendship. I will move on, but for anyone thinking about working with them, make the call you will be happy you did!

So back to the car. I worked with Jeff Miller on the paint and he did an extraordinary job (also an awesome guy). It is Viking blue with white and yellow stripes. Jeff did some amazing fiberglass work and recessed some hood louvers from the GTM (tip from Mark) as well as a number of custom billet badges I had made for the car. I love how they turned out and I am fairly certain Jeff will eventually speak with me again for making him do it. I went with white HRE wheels and Ring Brothers carbon fiber side mirrors. I had a great time designing the car and always intended it to be more of a GT street car build style. I have attached some pictures below and I will post a full list of parts I used a bit later in case anyone is looking for solutions to similar problems.

Thanks again to everyone on the forum for your help. Even if you did not know you were helping me out!
    Attached Images Attached Images