Quote Originally Posted by csmith View Post
Gotcha, given the hesitation from people in this thread I wasn't sure if Edward's comment, "At the very least, looks like it would fit inside the frame with maybe the only modifications necessary being to the aluminum." made it a nonstarter.
You misinterpreted what I was trying to say. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. "Looks like it would fit inside the frame" means the main frame rails that you can see in the picture. They're much wider than the T-56 and to my eye look like maybe also wide enough for the 6R80 auto. Some aren't afraid of frame mods, but that's not me. I don't weld and I also don't want to mess with Factory Five's computer aided design. So for personally me that would be a non-starter. But maybe not for others as I said. "...the only modifications necessary being to the aluminum." is something I do all the time and so do many others. The aluminum panels are mainly there to hold the shape of the cockpit, etc. and while I suspect they do add structural integrity to the frame, modifying or making new pieces in that area to make the tunnel wider wouldn't be that hard or affect the structure of the chassis IMO. Just would have to determine what impact it would have on the other side, e.g. the cockpit area where the space would be taken from. Hopefully that's more clear.