Hi guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been active on the "other" forum for the last 8 years and thought it was time I posted here as well, especially since I've been lurking the past couple years. I got the current MkIII Roadster that I have 2 years ago, it was built in 2010. It was certainly time for a refresh as the paint and interior were not the best, so I decided to tackle that project over the winter.

In typical fashion what I thought was going to be a 2 month project actually took me 7! I never liked the interior or paint color on my Roadster. So over Christmas break I stripped the car down in my garage and brought it over to my brothers shop for paint. After over a year of deliberating between Viking Blue and Lexus Indigo Blue...I just kept coming back to Viking Blue over and over.

After the paint was finished I decided I'm going to tear this entire interior out and replace it real quick. "Real Quick"...the words that haunt me :lol::lol:!!!

It's such a small interior, but when you're trying to get everything just right...man, does it take time! I covered the dash, transmission tunnel, seats, door panels and rear bulkhead in leather. The main issue on the long time frame was the leather. One mistake and a $500 hide is ruined! I attempted to do the rear in one piece, but there are just to many curves for that to happen. Two pieces and a nice breaking point did the trick. However, there were nights where I spent a good 2-2 1/2 hours down in the garage looking at the rear wall trying to figure out everything...next thing you know it's after midnight and I got 5 minutes worth of work done! Then there was the issue with the seats and transmission tunnel...do I just cover them, do I make a pattern, do I change from black? Decisions, decisions.

I finished last Tuesday night and snapped some pictures the following day. Here's how everything turned out...

Cobra2 by John Smith, on Flickr

Cobra by John Smith, on Flickr

Cobra3 by John Smith, on Flickr

Cobra4 by John Smith, on Flickr

Here was the interior beforehand...

Old Cobra by John Smith, on Flickr

So that's the story and current project. I hope to be of some help to some and continue learning from others on this forum as well.

Cheers!